Music Lessons for 5-7 year olds – LEVEL 5
Our Kindermusik Level 5 music lessons are tailored for the infant school age child who is eager for first experiences with musical symbols and instrument discovery but is not yet ready for formal lessons with an instrument.
Creating a strong musical foundation
Using a small-group approach to music education, this 45 minute lesson provides a pressure-free environment where your child can develop a strong musical foundation by learning the concepts, language, notation, and vocabulary of music and its greatest composers.
Music lessons to build confidence
Our 1-hour music lessons follow a more independent format than those for our younger children with an initial welcome, including parents and children, followed by independent learning for your 5-7 year old before a final sharing time with parental participation at the end of class.
As well as fostering independence in your 5-7 year old this also offers you the chance to connect with other parents whilst your child has fun in our lessons. But don’t worry, you don’t miss out – parents and younger siblings are always invited back for some special sharing time at the end of every lesson!
Read our reviews
Get in touch with us
Explore our class timetable
Try an introductory class
We thank you as a family because you and the Kindermusik programme have helped us bring music into the house.
Learning outside of music lessons
The musical development and learning that your children receive through our Kindermusik music lessons for 5-7 year olds is also supported with a home materials pack. Each child will receive the following:
- folder with stickers and Music At Home cards full of activities to do at home
- family songbook containing songs and chants from the class
- instrument (glockenspiel, dulcimer, or recorder depending on the semester)
- home CD with music and activities from class
- canvas carry bag (first semester only)
- games bag
Instrument discovery for your 5-7 year old
Our level 5 music lessons are designed to address each school child’s interests and developmental needs. They include a variety of activities such as:
- Learning how to understand simple music notation and play the glockenspiel, dulcimer, and the recorder
- Experiencing steady beat, meter, and rhythm through listening to music, moving, singing, playing instruments, and reading and writing music notation
- Learning new music concepts through listening, moving, singing, game-playing, visuals, and imaginative play
- Listening to music and sound with an analytical ear and paying close attention to pitch variation and timbre between specific instruments
- Participating in a variety of ensemble experiences, including instrumental ensembles, vocal ensembles, and group dancing
Kindermusik class benefits
Through our music lessons for 5-7 year olds your child will develop:
- The ability to read traditional and non-traditional music notation
- An awareness of steady beat, meter, and rhythm – essential musician skills with ties to physical development and coordination
- Self-confidence and creativity through teamwork, peer interaction, and communication
- The ability to distinguish specific sounds within words and increased awareness of the rhythmic structure of language
- Speaking, reading, and listening skills
- An understanding of music reading, beat competence, expressive movement, singing, instrument playing, and ensemble participation
Music lessons for 5-7 year olds
Our level 5 classes are specifically tailored for school age children – if your child is not yet at school, why not consider attending our pre-instrumental Level 4 music class?
Kindermusik with Sarah
Music & movement classes for newborns, babies, toddlers, pre-school & school children, based in Reading, Berkshire UK.
Kindermusik with Sarah is an Accredited Kindermusik studio providing the Kindermusik curriculum to babies, toddlers, preschool and school-aged children. To find out more about the Kindermusik curriculum, visit www.kindermusik.com.