Preschool music classes – LEVEL 3
Our preschool music classes for 3-5 year olds combine your child’s natural love of music, storytelling, and imaginative play with age-appropriate activities that introduce musical concepts. These activities also foster independence, social and emotional skills, language growth, and self-control.
Connect with other parents and children
The Level 3 45-minute preschool music classes follow a more independent format than those for our younger children with an initial welcome, including parents and children, followed by independent learning for your preschooler before a final sharing time with parental participation at the end of class.
As well as fostering independence in your preschool child this also offers you the chance to connect with other parents whilst your child has fun in our classes. But don’t worry, you don’t miss out – parents and younger siblings are always invited back for some special sharing time at the end of every class!
You will also have full access to our online music resource – Kindermusik Online – to extend the magic and learning of a Kindermusik class into your own home, throughout the week.
There is always a lovely relaxed atmosphere and Sarah encourages every child to join in and enjoy music.
Read our reviews
Get in touch with us
Explore our class timetable
Try an introductory class
Music classes tailored to your preschool child’s needs
Our music classes for preschool children are designed to address each preschool child’s interests and developmental needs. They include a variety of activities such as:
- Experiencing the different sounds produced by musical instruments, speaking or singing
- Playing instruments with an emphasis on steady beat, repeated rhythm patterns, graphic notation, and ensemble music
- Engaging in creative expression, imagination, and language play, expressing feelings and ideas through movement and music
- Pretend play through music, vocal development, storytelling, listening, and movement
Kindermusik class benefits
Through our preschool music classes your child will develop:
- Increased attention and focus and a growing ability to memorise and recall
- The ability to detect patterns, nuances, and timbre in sounds, a critical skill for music and language development
- An understanding of how to wait patiently, take turns and how to work cooperatively in a group
- Wider vocabulary and knowledge of story structures; critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Preschool music classes
If you don’t feel that your child is ready for this next step, why not register them in our Level 2 class until their musical confidence grows? For children who are already 4 then our older preschool music class might be better suited.
Kindermusik with Sarah
Music & movement classes for newborns, babies, toddlers, pre-school & school children, based in Reading, Berkshire UK.
© 2020 Kindermusik with Sarah
Kindermusik with Sarah is licensed to provide the Kindermusik curriculum to babies, toddlers, preschool and school-aged children. To find out more about the Kindermusik curriculum, visit www.kindermusik.com.